These are the general supplier information and the notes on the conclusion of the contract, the cancellation policy and the General Terms and Conditions of TROTEC® GmbH for buyers acting in a purely private interest as consumers.
Conclusion of the contract with TROTEC® in the regular purchase.
As the provider, TROTEC® offers the articles on this Internet shop as a non-binding offer to prospective buyers to conclude a contract for the article offered. The prospective buyer has the option of placing the desired item(s) in the virtual shopping basket by clicking on the corresponding button. The items collected in the virtual shopping basket can be called up at any time by clicking on the shopping basket symbol. In the shopping basket view, you can then view the items, change their quantity or delete them from the shopping basket. The system then guides you through the further steps of the ordering process, giving you instructions along the way. Before completing the order, it is possible to change the order contents, correct or delete data at any time. To do so, please use the instructions for changing or the back button of the browser. Only by the last step of the ordering process, clicking on the order button, do you make the declaration of intent to purchase the item at the specified price. This makes your declaration of intent binding and irrevocable (see below for your right of revocation). The declaration of intent is made by pressing the "Pay now" button at the end of the ordering process. The confirmation of receipt of your order together with the acceptance of the order by TROTEC® takes place immediately after being sent in text form by automated email. With this confirmation, the purchase contract is concluded.
Contractual content and storage
The content of the contract is stored and is included in the order confirmation by email together with all relevant information such as supplier identification, order content and the T&Cs in text form. The terms and conditions of the contract can also be viewed at any time at the following link: https://en.trotec.com/shop/terms-private can be accessed. The content of the order, including previous orders, can be viewed and accessed in the "Customer Login" area, provided that the customer has registered. Each page of the TROTEC® offer can be printed out at any time using the browser' s print function.
You can experience the shop in different languages; the contract languages are German, English, French, Polish and Turkish. However, the German language shall always apply to contractual relations and processing.
Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal for customers acting privately, not applicable to customers acting commercially.
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has/have taken possession of the goods.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us:
Grebbener Straße 7
Telefax: +49 2452 962-92450
by means of a clear declaration, (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email) of your decision to revoke this contract. You can use the attached sample withdrawal form for this purpose, although this is not mandatory.
To comply with the cancellation period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of cancellation before the end of the cancellation period.
Exceptions to the right of withdrawal:
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts for the delivery of goods that are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive, or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer, as well as to contracts for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery.
Consequences of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we must refund all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days after the day on which we receive notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment. We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever occurs earlier.
Goods that can be sent by parcel shipping
You must return or consign the goods to
Retourenabteilung TOR 42
without undue delay and in any case no later than fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days. You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
Goods that cannot be sent by parcel shipping
We shall collect the goods. You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods in the amount of EUR 79.
You only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value can be traced back to a handling of the goods that is not necessary for testing the quality, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
End of the cancellation policy
Sample cancellation form
(If you wish to revoke the contract, please complete and return this form)
Grebbener Straße 7
Fax: +49 2452 962-92450
I/we (*) hereby withdraw from the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following
goods (*)/provision of the following service (*)
Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
Name of consumer(s)
Address of consumer(s)
Signature of consumer(s) (only for communication on paper)
(*) Delete as applicable.
Reference to statutory exclusions to the right of withdrawal:
Pursuant to Section 312g (2) of the BGB [German Civil Code], the right of revocation does not exist, unless otherwise stipulated, in the case of, among other things
- Contracts for the supply of goods which are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer, (...)
- Contracts for the supply of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package, if the seal has been removed after delivery, (...).
Note on packaging for returns:
In the event of a revocation or return of the goods, we recommend the use of the original packaging in order to avoid damage to the goods when returning them. If this is no longer available, use a similarly suitable type of packaging (cardboard box and item protection) as far as possible to also avoid transport damage.
General Terms and Conditions of TROTEC GmbH
1. Validity of the Terms and Conditions
TROTEC GmbH (hereinafter referred to as TROTEC®) provides all deliveries and services exclusively on the basis of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Subject matter of the contract
The respective subject matter and scope of the delivery/service of the purchase contract result from the article description, as it can be seen from the current offer of TROTEC® at the time of the order. Guarantees shall only apply if they are contained in the item description or have been warranted by TROTEC® in text form.
3. Terms of payment/counterclaims
- Payment is made variably and conveniently by way of prepayment, PayPal©, credit card or cash on delivery.
- . If payment in advance is chosen, TROTEC® shall confirm the order in text form and collect the amount due by invoice. After receipt of payment, the ordered goods will be dispatched.
- In the event that payment with the PayPal© system is chosen, the processing is based on the conditions given by PayPal©. You can find out more details here: PayPal©.
- In the event that payment by cash on delivery is chosen, the invoice amount shall be collected by TROTEC® together with the applicable cash on delivery charges directly upon delivery by the delivering company. The additional costs incurred are shown in the shipping costs overview for the respective product.
- Insofar as TROTEC® becomes aware of circumstances after conclusion of the contract which impair compliance with the purchaser' s contractual obligations, such as payment obligations, TROTEC® shall be entitled to refuse to execute the order until security (such as a guarantee) or performance (such as payment) has been provided; TROTEC® shall set a reasonable deadline for this.
- The purchaser shall only be entitled to offset a counterclaim against TROTEC® if the counterclaim is undisputed or has become res judicata. The assertion of a right of retention is only permissible insofar as the counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
- Insofar as a delivery becomes impossible due to a lack of self-supply, TROTEC® shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract. TROTEC® shall inform the purchaser immediately of the non-availability and reimburse any consideration already paid without delay.
- The information on readiness for dispatch refers to the stock at the central warehouse. Please also read the information on this in the Info Centre.
- Two weeks after a delivery date or delivery period has been exceeded, the purchaser may request TROTEC® in writing to fulfil the contract within a reasonable period of time, but at least 10 days. This does not apply if the purchaser has failed or refused to cooperate in the fulfilment. If TROTEC® does not perform by the expiry of the set deadline, the purchaser may withdraw from the contract. This does not apply if the exceeding of the deadline is due to force majeure and other unforeseeable hindrances, such as riots, operational disruptions, strikes, lock-outs, even if they occur at TROTEC®' s suppliers or sub-suppliers.
- TROTEC® reserves the right to make customary deviations, provided that the object of performance is not significantly changed and this is reasonable for the purchaser.
- The colour representation on a screen may differ slightly from the real colour.
All goods from our shop are subject to statutory warranty rights in accordance with the following provisions: .
- New goods
The following provisions apply to orders for newly manufactured goods.
- The warranty period is two years and begins with the delivery/collection of the goods.
- If operating or maintenance instructions of the manufacturer or TROTEC® are not followed, modifications are made to the products, parts are replaced or consumables are used that do not comply with the original specifications, the warranty shall not apply if the defect is demonstrably due to this deviation.
- Remaining stock and goods damaged in transit shall be deemed to be new goods unless they are expressly marked as used goods.
- Independent warranty claims by the manufacturer or TROTEC® remain unaffected by the above provisions.
- For software, insofar as it is the subject of the scope of services, Clause 9 shall apply in addition
- Used goods
The following provisions apply to orders for used goods.
- The warranty period is one year and begins with the delivery/collection of the goods.
- For services offered on behalf of a third party, TROTEC® acts only as an intermediary and is not a contractual partner of the purchaser.
- Express warranty statements, assurances or guarantees in the item description remain unaffected by this.
- For software, insofar as it is the subject of the scope of services, Clause 9 shall apply in addition.
- Claims for damages on any legal grounds whatsoever, be it for non-performance, breach of contractual or statutory ancillary obligations, culpa in contrahendo, contracts with protective effect for third parties and tort, shall be excluded against TROTEC® , as well as against its legal representatives, and against their vicarious agents or assistants, unless the damage is due to intent or gross negligence. This shall not apply in the case of claims for damages based on a warranty of quality which is intended to protect the purchaser against the risk of consequential harm caused by a defect.
- TROTEC® is otherwise liable for
- in the full amount of the damage in the event of its own gross negligence, that of its legal representatives and that of its senior vicarious agents, but not in the event of gross negligence on the part of simple vicarious agents;
- in addition, on the merits in the event of any culpable breach of cardinal obligations, in this case also by simple vicarious agents.
- Liability shall be limited in amount to compensation for typically foreseeable damage.
The above warranty and exclusion of liability pursuant to Sections 5 and 6 shall not apply to damage resulting from injury to life, limb or health caused by a negligent breach of duty on the part of TROTEC® or an intentional or negligent breach of duty on the part of a legal representative or vicarious agent of TROTEC® .
8. Data protection
Please read the data protection declaration in the main menu, which provides all relevant explanations on data collection.
9. Special features of software components/software deliveries
If software is part of the operation and/or use of the object of performance or part of the delivery, the following special conditions shall apply.
- The software may only be used and applied for the intended purpose. Any reproduction is prohibited unless expressly permitted by the respective software manufacturer. In any case, the licence conditions of the manufacturer apply.
- In any case, the property rights arising from the relevant laws, such as European and international copyright laws, trademark or other industrial property rights, should be observed.
- TROTEC® guarantees the functionality of the software components only within the scope of the respective manufacturer' s specifications.
- In addition, the general terms and conditions and licence conditions of the software manufacturers shall apply, which in this case shall also be included in the contract as part of the contract.
10. Special features of articles in foreign trade
Certain articles are only intended for the intra-European market and are subject to export bans to third countries. Insofar as the sale of an item is prohibited by legal provisions, TROTEC® reserves the right to withdraw from the contract for good cause and shall inform the contract partner immediately and refund any amounts paid without delay.
11. Additions / related transactions
Insofar as free gifts are included with individual articles, these are linked to the main transaction and cannot be contested in isolation. Ownership of the free gifts shall not pass to the purchaser until the cancellation period for the main item has expired.
- If the main transaction is revoked, the addition must also be returned as part of the basic transaction and still the property of TROTEC®.
13. Applicable law
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively to all legal relationships between the parties, to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, if the purchaser subsequently relocates his/her residence or habitual abode abroad or is unreachable.
Grebbener Straße 7
Phone: +49 2452 962-450
Fax: +49 2452 962-92450
Trotec GmbH, HRB 13453 Register court: Aachen Local Court, represented by the managing directors: Detlef von der Lieck, Joachim Ludwig, Alexandra Goertz